HBase >> mail # user >> HTable.put(List<Put> puts) perform batch insert?

+
Weishung Chung 2011-01-10, 16:58
+
Weishung Chung 2011-01-10, 17:06
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-01-10, 17:38
Re: HTable.put(List<Put> puts) perform batch insert?
Thank you :)
Could I use org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.BatchUpdate ? Would it be faster than
the put(List<Put>)?
Also, would you recommend the use of MapReduce to accomplish the samething?

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> HBaseHUT is used to solve he Get+Put problem, so if it's your problem
> as well then do look into it.
>
> To answer your first question, that method will group Puts by region
> server meaning that it will do anywhere between 1-n where n is the
> number of RS, and that's done in parallel.
>
> J-D
>
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Weishung Chung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > What is the difference between the above put method with the following
> > capability of the HBaseHUT package ?
> > https://github.com/sematext/HBaseHUT
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Weishung Chung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Does HTable.put(List<Put> puts) method perform a batch insert with a
> single
> >> RPC call? I am going to insert a lot of values into a column family and
> >> would like to increase the write speed.
> >> Thank you.

+
Jonathan Gray 2011-01-10, 18:39