HBase >> mail # user >> HTable.put(List<Put> puts) perform batch insert?

Re: HTable.put(List<Put> puts) perform batch insert?
Thank you :)
Could I use org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.BatchUpdate ? Would it be faster than
the put(List<Put>)?
Also, would you recommend the use of MapReduce to accomplish the samething?