Hive >> mail # user >> ant maven-build not working in trunk

+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-06-12, 11:18
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-06-12, 16:12
+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-06-13, 04:44
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-06-13, 07:00
Re: ant maven-build not working in trunk
Thanks Nitin, I will give a try with HIVE-4387.
On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I just tried a build with both jdk versions
>
> build = ant clean package
> jdk7 on branch-0.10 with patch from HIVE-3384 and it works
> jdk6 on trunk without any changes it works
>
> i created a new redhat vm and installed  sun jdk 6u43 and tried it. It
> works too.
>
> when i try ant maven-build -Dmvn.publish.repo=local it does fail with
> make-pom target not existing.
> Alan has a Jira on this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-4387
>
> There is a patch available there for branch-0.11. I will try to build with
> that.
>

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM, amareshwari sriramdasu <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Nitin,
>>
>> Hive does not compile with jdk7. You have to use jdk6 for compiling
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > I tried the build on trunk
>> >
>> > i did not hit the issue of make-pom but i hit the issue of jdbc with
>> jdk7.
>> > I will apply the patch and try again

>> while

>> way

>> > --
>> > Nitin Pawar
>> >

> --
> Nitin Pawar

+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-06-13, 04:42