Chukwa, mail # dev - [DISCUSSION] Making HBaseWriter default

+
Eric Yang 2010-11-20, 20:15
+
James Seigel 2010-11-20, 20:20
+
Eric Yang 2010-11-21, 05:02
+
Bill Graham 2010-11-22, 18:22
+
Deshpande, Deepak 2010-11-22, 18:47
Re: [DISCUSSION] Making HBaseWriter default
Ariel Rabkin 2010-11-22, 18:50
I agree with Bill and Deshpande that we ought to make clear to users
that they don't nee HICC, and therefore don't need either MySQL or
HBase.

But I think what Eric meant to ask was which of MySQL and HBase ought
to be the default *for HICC*.  My sense is that the HBase support
isn't quite mature enough, but it's getting there.

I think HBase is ultimately the way to go. I think we might benefit as
a community by doing a 0.5 release first, while waiting for the
pig-based aggregation support that's blocking HBase.

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department