Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:18:53 -0800
Subject: Re: Reading multiple input files.
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yong, this is very helpful! Thanks.

Still trying to wrap my around all this :)

Let's stick to this hypothetical scenario that my data files are located on different server, for example,
machine-1:/foo/bar.txt
machine-2:/foo/bar.txt
machine-3:/foo/bar.txt
machine-4:/foo/bar.txt
machine-5:/foo/bar.txt
So how does Hadoop determine how many mapper does it need? Can I run my job like this?

hadoop MyJob -input /foo -output output

Kim