HBase >> mail # dev >> About distributed lock service in HBase

+
Brady Zhong 2013-04-08, 14:39
Re: About distributed lock service in HBase
Hi,

1. Yes. Client applications can start/read/write even when there is no
master.
2. HBase already uses ZooKeeper.

You may want to have to look at the hbase reference guide (
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html).

Nicolas
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Brady Zhong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Brady Zhong, a college student using HBase to develop our own
> project. Currently I confronted with a problem. Since we need some kind of
> high availability, we hope HBase can keep available even though the HMaster
> goes down. Here're my questions:
>
> 1. Can HBase work during the node failure of HMaster? Can users write or
> read the database before the switch and recovery of HMaster?
> 2. Why not use Zookeeper as distributed lock service for HBase, like Chubby
> for Google Big Table?
>
> Thanks very much for any help in advance.
>

> Best regards,
> Brady Zhong

+
Brady Zhong 2013-04-08, 15:27