HBase >> mail # dev >> About distributed lock service in HBase

Re: About distributed lock service in HBase
Hi,

1. Yes. Client applications can start/read/write even when there is no
master.
2. HBase already uses ZooKeeper.

You may want to have to look at the hbase reference guide (
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html).

Nicolas