From: yiyu jia [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 12:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: run hadoop in standalone mode

Hi,

I tried to run hadoop in standalone mode according to hadoop online document. But, I get error message as below. I run command "./bin/hadoop jar hadoop-examples-1.1.1.jar pi 10 100".
13/01/18 01:07:05 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: localhost/127.0.0.1:8020<http://127.0.0.1:8020>. Already tried 9 time(s); retry policy is RetryUpToMaximumCountWithFixedSleep(maxRetries=10, sleepTime=1 SECONDS)
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.ConnectException: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:8020<http://127.0.0.1:8020> failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I disabled ipV6, firewall on my linux machine. But, i still get this error message. localhost is bound with 127.0.01 . core-site.xml and mapreduce-site.xml are empty as they are not modified.

Anybody can give me a hint if I need to do some specific configuration to run hadoop in standalone mode?

thanks and regards,

Yiyu