Hadoop >> mail # user >> Is default number of reducers = 1?

Is default number of reducers = 1?
Hi,

I used to do

job.setNumReduceTasks(1);

but I realized that this is bad and commented out this line

//job.setNumReduceTasks(1);

I still see the number of reduce tasks as 1 when my mappers number 4. Why
could this be?

Thank you,
Mark