HBase, mail # dev - help with building hbase trunk against hadoop trunk

+
Hari Mankude 2013-02-25, 17:07
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-25, 17:10
+
Jesse Yates 2013-02-25, 17:38
Re: help with building hbase trunk against hadoop trunk
Nick Dimiduk 2013-02-25, 22:23
You may also find these relevant:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6581,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7754.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Jesse Yates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> If you want to build against hadoop 3.0 you will probably need to hack the
> pom to make it so (you could use a similar method as the 2.x stuff). Then
> you want to install hadoop 3.0 in your local maven repo (some form of 'mvn
> install').
>
> Then, supposing you do hacked the pom, you would run:
> mvn -o install -DskipTests -Dhadoop.profile=3.0
>
> The key here being the -o flag to run in offline mode and just use the
> installed hadoop dependency. You might need to do a regular install first,
> and then add the 3.0 and -o flags so you have all the build dependencies
> locally.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> -Jesse
> -------------------
> Jesse Yates
> @jesse_yates
> jyates.github.com
>

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I tried the following command with hadoop trunk and it succeeded:
> > mvn install -DskipTests
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Hari Mankude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > How do I build hbase trunk against local version of hadoop trunk?
> > >
> > > I see that hadoop 3.0 maven artificat has not been provided and hence I
> > > cannot use -Dhadoop.profile=3.0 as a build arg. Do I need to build a
> > local
> > > maven artificat for hadoop trunk?  If so, how is this done?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > hari

+
Hari Mankude 2013-02-26, 05:33