HBase >> mail # user >> PROD/DR - Replication

+
Juan P. 2012-12-07, 18:14
+
Amandeep Khurana 2012-12-07, 19:56
+
Ian Varley 2012-12-07, 18:19
+
sriraam h 2012-12-07, 19:37
Re: PROD/DR - Replication
Yes, I think so. A single HBase cluster can't (or, at least, really shouldn't) span multiple data centers; the strong consistency you refer to is only available within a cluster.

But the replication you were referring to in your initial email is cross-data center, between two or more clusters. That's where you can't get strong consistency.

Ian

On Dec 7, 2012, at 1:38 PM, "sriraam h" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Strongly consistent reads/writes: HBase is not an "eventually consistent" DataStore. This makes it very suitable for tasks such as high-speed counter aggregation"
>
> http://hbase.apache.org/book/architecture.html
>

> Am I missing something ?
>
> - Sri

+