Hadoop, mail # user - Hadoop is for whom? Data architect or Java Architect or All

Re: Hadoop is for whom? Data architect or Java Architect or All
Ted Dunning 2011-01-26, 16:27
Yes.  There is still a mismatch.

The degree of mismatch is decreasing as tools like Hive or Pig become more
advanced.  Better packaging of hadoop is also helping.

But your data architect will definitely need support from a java aware
person.  They won't be able to do all of the tasks.