HBase >> mail # user >> Not Starting Hmaster bacause of Permission denied

Re: Not Starting Hmaster bacause of Permission denied
Hi Andy,

I guess you are using dfs security, in which case your hbase user does not
have the permission to create the top level directory /hbase in the dfs. Can
you try the following and then start your master? Let us know how it goes.

bin/hadoop fs -mkdir /hbase
bin/hadoop fs -chown hbase /hbase
Best Regards,
Sonal