Accumulo >> mail # dev >> feedback on Typo

Re: feedback on Typo
I really like this. I've thought for some time that something of this sort
should be part of the Accumulo core API. The inconsistent use use
CharSequence, String, Text, and byte[] objects to represent the n-tuples
gets very old very quickly, and distracts programmers in a multitude of
ways.

The current API should really be refactored to make CharSequence, Text,
byte[], and ByteBuffer types available for setting the contents of Key and
Value types just for consistency's sake. It would be nice to have something
like this added as well.

It would be good to see this package use nio-ish strategies to reduce the
load on the garbage collector, by using buffer classes instead of arrays.
But otherwise the design looks solid.