Pig, mail # user - Multi line parameter value?

+
Sajid Raza 2013-06-25, 16:44
+
Shahab Yunus 2013-06-25, 17:03
+
Johnny Zhang 2013-06-25, 18:49
Re: Multi line parameter value?
Sajid Raza 2013-06-25, 20:02
Based on the spec, the parameter file only works with one line values.

On Jun 25, 2013, at 11:49 AM, Johnny Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://wiki.apache.org/pig/ParameterSubstitution
>

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Shahab Yunus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Have you tried using params file? I have not used it personalty but it
>> might work that way.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shahab
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Sajid Raza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't suppose it's possible to specify a parameter with a multi line
>>> value.
>>>
>>> My use case is that I have a macro that groups over an alias, and I would
>>> like to not hard-code what aggregate values I compute.
>>>
>>> If I could pass in a multi line parameter value, I would be able to do
>>> something like:
>>>
>>> set my_param = 'SUM(foo) as bar, \
>>>                             SUM (bazz) as boo';
>>>
>>> my_alias = compute_aggreate(some_alias, my_param);

+
Johnny Zhang 2013-06-25, 20:15