HBase, mail # user - Hbase as mongodb

+
Panshul Whisper 2013-01-16, 10:33
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-01-16, 10:45
Re: Hbase as mongodb
Panshul Whisper 2013-01-16, 13:06
Hello Tariq,

Thank you for the reply.

My concern is that I have been working with MongoDB, but now I am switching
over to Hadoop and I want to use HBase for certain reasons. I was wondering
if I can store Json files in Hbase in a way that I can query the Json files
in Hbase as I can in Mongodb. Such as I can directly say Mongodb to get me
all the objects having timestamp value of xxx date where timestamp is a
field in Json objects stored in Mongodb. Can I perform similar operations
on Hbase or does it have another approach for doing similar operations.
I do not have much knowledge on Hbase yet. I am beginning to learn it, but
I just want to be sure i am investing my time in the right direction.

Thank you so much for the help,

Regards,
Panshul.

--