MapReduce, mail # user - ClientProtocol create、mkdirs 、rename and delete methods are not Idempotent

+
lei liu 2012-10-28, 06:40
+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-28, 18:33
+
lei liu 2012-10-29, 02:25
Re: ClientProtocol create、mkdirs 、rename and delete methods are not Idempotent
Ted Dunning 2012-10-29, 05:58
Create cannot be idempotent with sequential files.  Doing the same create
twice creates two different files.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM, lei liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Ted for your reply.
>
> What is the the problem of watches and sequential files?  If you can
> describe in detail, I can better understand the problem.
>
> 2012/10/29 Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Create cannot be idempotent because of the problem of watches and
>> sequential files.
>>
>> Similarly, mkdirs, rename and delete cannot generally be idempotent.  In
>> particular applications, you might find it is OK to treat them as such, but
>> there are definitely applications where they are not idempotent.
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 2:40 AM, lei liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I think these methods should are idempotent, these methods should be repeated
>>> calls to be harmless by same client.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> LiuLei

+