MapReduce >> mail # user >> ClientProtocol create、mkdirs 、rename and delete methods are not Idempotent

+
lei liu 2012-10-28, 06:40
+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-28, 18:33
+
lei liu 2012-10-29, 02:25
Re: ClientProtocol create、mkdirs 、rename and delete methods are not Idempotent
Create cannot be idempotent with sequential files.  Doing the same create
twice creates two different files.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM, lei liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Ted for your reply.
>
> What is the the problem of watches and sequential files?  If you can
> describe in detail, I can better understand the problem.
>
> 2012/10/29 Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Create cannot be idempotent because of the problem of watches and
>> sequential files.
>>
>> Similarly, mkdirs, rename and delete cannot generally be idempotent.  In
>> particular applications, you might find it is OK to treat them as such, but
>> there are definitely applications where they are not idempotent.
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 2:40 AM, lei liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I think these methods should are idempotent, these methods should be repeated
>>> calls to be harmless by same client.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> LiuLei

+