HBase >> mail # user >> Can a RegionObserver coprocessor increment counter of a row key that may not belong to the region ?

Can a RegionObserver coprocessor increment counter of a row key that may not belong to the region ?
Hi all,

I have to count the occurrence of URLs in our system using the URL as row
key and using Increment.
I also want to count domains, so I was thinking of using RegionObserver
coprocessor on postIncrement() and Increment using the domain as key.

Will that work ? Is there a problem if the url key starts with 'www.' and
the domain starts with 'aaaa' ?

Thanks,

Amit.