Pig >> mail # user >> run pig explain command over the entire script in java

+
Petar Jovanovic 2013-02-18, 16:18
Re: run pig explain command over the entire script in java
Hacky way: grep for "^\S =", pull out the names, and then do the explains.

Why is doing the progressive explains useful? it wouldn't be too hard to
build this into pig but the results would be pretty unwieldy, it'd be
really big, and pretty redundant.
2013/2/18 Petar Jovanovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
> I am trying to find the way to run the explain command over the entire pig
> script in java. I was using PigServer but it offers only to do explain over
> the single query (alias) not the entire script. Is there a way to do
> something like:
> $ pig -x local -e 'explain -script Temp1/TPC_test.pig -out
> explain-out9.txt'
> but from my Java code?
>
> Thanks.

+