HBase >> mail # user >> How to install Snappy?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-01, 23:52
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-01, 23:57
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-02, 13:25
+
surfer 2012-12-03, 07:02
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 13:24
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 13:47
+
Kevin Odell 2012-12-03, 14:09
+
Kevin Odell 2012-12-03, 14:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 14:56
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 15:15
+
Kevin Odell 2012-12-03, 15:19
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 15:50
Re: How to install Snappy?
good ! never surrender !
you also could have done like I posted you yesterday which is equivalent:

in hbase-env.sh:
export HBASE_LIBRARY_PATH=/pathtoyourhadoop/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64
in /pathtoyourhadoop/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64 I have added:
libsnappy.a
libsnappy.so
libsnappy.so.1
libsnappy.so.1.1.2

On 12/03/2012 04:15 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:
> Ok, I got it!!!!
>
> I had to copy the hadoop native libs into the hbase native libs directory!
>
> Now I get a SUCCESS when I'm doint the CompressionTest...
>
> I'm not 100% sure that it's the only think which was missing because I
> have done so many modifications in the last 3 days...
>
> So I will start from a blank 0.94.3 jar and re-do all the steps to
> make sure it's just the native libs which need to be copied.
>
> I was close to surrender ;)
>
> JM
> 2012/12/3, surfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

+