Hadoop >> mail # user >> What is the best way to build and debug MR application?

+
Lin Yang 2013-06-07, 02:02
Re: What is the best way to build and debug MR application?
Hi Lin,

This is by no means a comprehensive answer to your question, but I've found
that I'm able to iterate fastest by writing unit tests using MRUnit (
http://mrunit.apache.org/)

-Sandy
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Lin Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,dear friends,
>
> I have setup a Hadoop cluster with 3 nodes in a local LAN, and now I would
> like to develop some applications on it.
>
> However, I'm not sure whether could I build the application on my laptop
> which OS is windows 7 and deliver it to the remote Hadoop cluster by using
> Eclipse plugin?
>
> If not, what is the best way to develop Hadoop apps? should I install a
> Ubuntu OS and setup a standalone Hadoop on my laptop in order to build and
> debug my code?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Lin Yang