Pig >> mail # user >> Do we have any plan for "Cost based optimizer"?

Re: Do we have any plan for "Cost based optimizer"?
Duke has done work around CBOs for Hadoop as part of Starfish and there was
some discussion back in the spring about doing the same for Pig, but I'm
not aware of any concrete plans or JIRAs around that. I'd also be curious
to hear if others have plans to work on this.