HBase >> mail # user >> efficient export w/o HDFS/copying

efficient export w/o HDFS/copying
Hello All-

We've been experimenting w/ exporting and restoring our cluster data
from those exports.  Our current methodology has the following steps:

* Dump the table from Hbase to HDFS:
o hadoop jar /usr/lib/hbase/hbase-0.92.0.jar export
<tablename>  <HDFS location>
* Copy HDFS dump to filesystem:
o hadoop dfs -copyToLocal <Linux Path>  <HDFS location>
* Import Linux dump into HDFS with:
o hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal <linux path, inc dumpdir>
<HDFS location>
* Import HDFS data into Hbase:
o hadoop jar /usr/lib/hbase/hbase-0.92.0.jar import
<tablename> <HDFS location>

Is there a method of exporting that skips the HDFS step?  We would
ideally like to export from HBase directly to an external filesystem
(e.g. our big slow NAS) skipping the HDFS step.

Any thoughts or links would be appreciated.

-Ted