HBase, mail # user - Reading a Hdfs file using HBase

+
Karthik Kumar 2011-06-06, 10:04
+
Joey Echeverria 2011-06-06, 15:22
+
James Ram 2011-06-07, 04:38
+
Bill Graham 2011-06-07, 05:23
+
James Ram 2011-06-07, 10:32
Re: Reading a Hdfs file using HBase
Joey Echeverria 2011-06-07, 11:49
Unfortunately not. HBase uses a custom file format which is how the data needs to be stored in HDFS in order for HBase to serve it. You'll have to use map reduce to convert your XML into Hfiles and then do the bulk import that Bill suggested.

-Joey

+
James Ram 2011-06-08, 04:27