Drill >> mail # dev >> Odd connection problem caused by wifi network

Odd connection problem caused by wifi network
Hello Drillers,

I ran into a rather odd problem trying to run a clean install on the build
this afternoon. In the TestMergingReceiver twoBitTwoExchange test, I was
receiving a connection exception when the client tried to connect to one of
the two drillbits. I thought there might have been an issue with a previous
drill shutdown, so I tried killing all java processes, and then logging out
entirely. Eventually I looked through the stack trace to find a reference
to the network I am currently connected to (I'm currently working in a
building at school on a protected wifi network).

Disabling wifi allowed the test to pass. While I know production installs
of Drill will all be running on specifically configured clusters and closed
networks, I figured this would be a reasonable issue to report for anyone
who runs into similar problems with the build. I am also not certain why
the issue would have ever come up in the first place, so I would be happy
to try to dig further if someone has a guess as to why the test would be
connecting to anything but localhost.

- Jason Altekruse