Hive, mail # user - Questions

RE: Questions
Dalia Sobhy 2012-01-19, 09:19

Hey Vikas,
I want to develop a medical API ...
I want to ask whether Hive Hbase Integration performance is good or not, because I found that Hive queries are faster according to some blogs..
Finally, is there any tutorials using Java API of Hive and Hbase???
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:36:30 +0530
Subject: Re: Questions
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

hey
Dalia ,
A: both are good its up to u what kinda data you are processing through them, for many row and billions of col you can you Hbase and if you need to update data on regular basis then u can you hbase,  for hive you can store data and easy to use as SQL , easy fetching and all. for more you can read tutorials on net
hive:- https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStartedHbase:-  http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449396107/index.html

Hive thrift API: provides you to access hdfs through many language like python ,ruby, java and other. its fast and well to used
regardsVikas Srivastava

2012/1/19 Dalia Sobhy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Dear all,I want to ask a couple of questions:Which is better use Hive or Hive/Hbase or Hbase?What about the RCFILe?Is there any tutorials for HiveThrift API using Java or even any examples bec I am messed with a lot of methods which I cannot understand...
Thanks,Please reply asap bec this part is my contribution in thesis.Best Regards,Dalia Sobhy