Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Combine MapReduce/HDFS Committers

Re: [VOTE] Combine MapReduce/HDFS Committers
+1

IMO, a combined committer list is less messy given how we currently
release where common+mr+hdfs are all bundled and released together.

Corner cases like the one postulated by Nigel above are the less
likely if contributors have access to all hadoop.

I do not  see how a combined contributor list could act as friction on
the ongoing break-up of the hadoop project -- something I'm in favor
of -- nor get in the way of the development of distinct mr/hdfs
user+dev communities; it seems to me that that project can progress
independent of who can commit where.

St.Ack