Drill >> mail # dev >> Should we use a programatic interface to generate test plans?

Re: Should we use a programatic interface to generate test plans?
Aman,

I think we should be able to pretty easily be able to abstract some of the
redundant aspects of the plans well, but I think the hardest part would be
designing the methods in the builders in such a way as to avoid re-creating
the same problem in code that we currently have in the json plans.

I'm thinking that we would create a pretty standard plan builder at first,
but as we decide the change the plan format, rather than adjust all of the
calls to the previous builder methods, we would just write a transformation
from the old inputs, to the new plan syntax (except for where we absolutely
need more info, in which case we have to update the method calls). We would
mark the old method in the builder deprecated to prevent future use, but
allow all of the previously written tests to use it.

-Jason Altekruse