Drill >> mail # dev >> Let's roll a release (0.4) and move to monthly releases

Re: Let's roll a release (0.4) and move to monthly releases
+1

Optiq has been “approximately monthly”, and that seems to have worked well. We weren’t tied to a particular date, so we could use our discretion to slip a bit if making a release wasn’t convenient.

Now Optiq faces a different crunch… the next release will be 0.9, so there will be an expectation that the release after that will be “the big one”, i.e. 1.0. If you’re on a “early and often” cycle, no release feels like “the big one”. Hopefully you will feel like you’re at 1.0 quality well before December.

Julian