Flume >> mail # user >> what are the libraries needed for flume log4jappender

Re: what are the libraries needed for flume log4jappender
Yogi, Flume has lots of dependencies. You can't just drop in one jar. That
is what Maven is for.

Regards
Mike
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM, yogi nerella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> HI,
>
> I have tried the 1.3.0 and ran into issues, so I am building from the
> latest source and still has the same issue.
>
> Yogi
>

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Mike Percy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> What version of Flume are you using? Are you using Maven for your build?
>>
>> You should be able to get away with just flume-ng-core.
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM, yogender nerella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to make my app directly write events to an flume agent.
>>>
>>> What are the libraries needed to add into my application?
>>>
>>> I have tried to add the following three but runs into class not found
>>> errors.
>>>

>>> log4j.properties are as follows:
>>>

>>> log4j.rootLogger=TRACE, flume
>>> log4j.appender.flume >>> org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender
>>> log4j.appender.flume.Hostname = example.com
>>> log4j.appender.flume.Port = 44444
>>> log4j.appender.flume.layout=org.apache.log4j.TTCCLayout
>>>

>>> Error In Initialization
>>>
>>> Classpath:
>>> C:\\workspace\mongodb\Mongodb\bin;C:\test\log4j-1.2.16.jar;C:\test\flume\flume-ng-core-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;C:\test\flume\flume-ng-log4jappender-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar;C:\test\flume\flume-ng-sdk-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>>> log4j:WARN Error during default initialization
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/netty/channel/ChannelFactory
>>> at
>>> org.apache.flume.api.RpcClientFactory.getDefaultInstance(RpcClientFactory.java:168)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.flume.api.RpcClientFactory.getDefaultInstance(RpcClientFactory.java:128)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender.activateOptions(Log4jAppender.java:195)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:307)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:172)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:104)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:809)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:735)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureRootCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:615)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:502)
>>> at