Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> misgiving about quorm/lead.java 's  getEpochToPropose function

+
fish 2011-12-23, 02:59
Re: misgiving about quorm/lead.java 's  getEpochToPropose function
Alex and I discussed it a bit offline and it seems to be bug for us. I
have created a jira (ZOOKEEPER-1343) and I'll try to get a patch out
soon.

Thanks for pointing it out!

-Flavio

On Dec 23, 2011, at 3:59 AM, fish wrote:

> Hi :
>     I am new to the zookeeper , I have just begin to read some code
> of zookeeper , but I don't quiet undestanding the quorm/lead.java
> 's  getEpochToPropose method,  In this function there is a statement
> if (lastAcceptedEpoch > epoch) {
>    epoch = lastAcceptedEpoch+1;
>   }
> My doubt is :
>  why use "lastAcceptedEpoch > epoch"  but not "lastAcceptedEpoch >=
> epoch" here?
>
> In my undestanding the lastAcceptedEpoch is the max epoch of a
> follower
> may have accepted so when the lead have receive a accepted epoch
> from the follower it should always make it's own epoch larger than
> this one
> Thanks .

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301

+
Benjamin Reed 2011-12-23, 13:59