Flume >> mail # user >> A customer use case

A customer use case
Hello guys,
now that I have successfuly setup a running Flume / Hadoop system for my customer, I would like to ask for a help in trying to implement a requirement requested by the customer:

Here is how the use case is looking like:

1. Customer has many Apache Web server and WebSphere Application server that produce many logs.

2. Customer wants to provide the logs to the developer team without giving them direct access to the machines hosting the logs.

3. The idea is now to collect all the log files and put them together in one place and let the developer team get access to them through a web interface.

4. My goal is to resolve this problem using Flume / Hadoop

Questions:

1. Which is the best way to implement such a scenario using Flume/ Hadoop?

2. The customer would like to keep the log files in thier original state (file name, size, etc..). Is it practicable using Flume?

3. Is there a better way to collect the files without using "Exec source" and "tail -F" command?

Many Thanks and Cheers,
Emile