Zookeeper, mail # dev - multi() and getData()

+
Ted Yu 2012-03-07, 06:10
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-03-07, 06:17
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-07, 06:41
+
Ted Yu 2012-03-07, 16:06
Re: multi() and getData()
Ted Yu 2012-03-08, 22:39
There are GetDataRequest / GetDataResponse in src/zookeeper.jute

Would the new GetDataTxn be able to reuse them ?

Thanks

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1407 has been logged.
>

> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> The use cases that I came up with for multi all involved reads done before
>> multiple writes as with a read-modify-write operation.  In that case, the
>> reads need to be done before the updates.  Those use cases motivated the
>> Check operation so that you can ensure that nothing has changed before the
>> updates are done.
>>
>> But as Marshal says, there isn't any reason not to have them.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > On first glance, Op doesn't seem to cover getData().
>> >
>> > Is this intentional ?
>> >
>> > How do I read the data for multiple znodes in one transaction ?
>> >
>> > Thanks

+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-08, 22:52
+