Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> C client & reconfiguration

Re: C client & reconfiguration
Hi Marshall,

The incremental mode is easier to use and has better guarantees. To use the non-incremental mode you need to know what the current config is and modify it. Suppose that you and I are doing this concurrently trying to make two different configuration changes. What will happen is that one of the changes (the one that gets to the leader first) will be silently overwritten by the other one. If you condition on the current config version (this is supported) the second reconfig will fail and you'll have to repeat the steps (read config, make your change and submit).

With incremental reconfig you dont need to know the config. You just say you want to add A, I say I want to remove B, and both changes will be applied to the current config.

Alex