Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Multiple consumers on a distributed queue

Multiple consumers on a distributed queue
Hi

I used the implementation of Curator for the distributed queue recipe of
Zookeeper.

However, if see some strange behavior:

* The throughput of the consumption of the items drastically decreases when
I enhance the number of consumers?

* When I launch several consumers on several servers ( of a same Zookeeper
chorum, of course), I see that some of the consumers are in an idle state
most of the time, instead of consuming items....

Is it a known behavior? Can we solve this? In the meanwhile, it reduces the
motivation to use a distributed queue!! ...

Many thanks for your help!

Regards
Benjamin
+
kishore g 2013-11-18, 17:45
+
Sznajder ForMailingList 2013-11-24, 18:40