Flume >> mail # user >> Converting text to avro in Flume

Converting text to avro in Flume
Hi ,

I want to convert xml files in text to an avro file and store it in hdfs .
I get the xml files as a post request. I extended the  HTTPHandler to
process the XML post request. Do I have to convert the data in text to avro
in HTTPHandler or does the Avro Sink or HDFSSink convert it directly to
avro with some configuration details. I want to store the entire xml string
in an avro variable.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.
Deepak Subhramanian