MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: What should I do with a 48-node cluster

Re: What should I do with a 48-node cluster
Edward, thank you for the practical recommendations. I am going to visit
the cluster in its current home in a few days, and I will keep this in
mind. Meanwhile, my specs are below

48 HP 1U blades, each has two 2.44 GHz. Dual core AMD Opterons with Cisco
Infiniband NICs, 4GB RAM

1 HP cluster controller with SCSI controller

1 HP RSA20 storage array with approx 1Tb of storage

Cisco Infiniband 20Gbit optical network router

In Compaq racks with four 30 amp 220 volt circuits

All wiring and cabling.

I am worried about 4 GB RAM on data nodes not being enough. Upgrading the
master nodes is bearable, but any memory upgrade on the complete cluster
will sure cost, when multiplied by 50.

Thank you. Sincerely,
Mark