Hive >> mail # user >> ORC vs TEXT file

Re: ORC vs TEXT file
Thanks Edward.  I shall try compression besides orc and let you know. And
also,  it looks like the cpu  usage is lesser while querying orc rather
than text file.
But the total time taken by the query time is slightly more in orc than
text file.  Could you please explain the difference between cumulative cpu
time and the total time taken (usually in last line in terms or secs)?
Which one should we give preference?