MapReduce >> mail # user >> authentication when uploading in to hadoop HDFS

Re: authentication when uploading in to hadoop HDFS
ssh has nothing to do with hdfs.

there are three ways someone would want to write into hdfs
1) HDFS java api
2) hadoop command line tools
3) Webhdfs (doing post, put etc)

In all above cases, there is no role of ssh. So you can assume that as long
as no one has access to ssh-keys, no one can get into your hardware
cluster. This does not mean that you have safe hdfs.
To setup hdfs security you will need to
1) Isolate your cluster from public networks. (Even if your cluster has
public ips, your network should only allows traffic from known addreses)
2) Default hdfs security is like POSIX systems, so you can check that
3) You really want to security then you can go for kerberos based
authentications, do to anything on your cluster.
Please wait for few experts to give you some ideas.

--
Nitin Pawar