Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: more reduce tasks

Re: more reduce tasks
Sounds like you want more reducer to reduce the execution time but only
want a single output file.

Is this waht you want?

You can use as many as your want (may not be optimal) reducers when you are
running your reducer. Once the program is done, write a small perl, python,
or shell program connect those part-* files.

if you do not want to write your own script to connect those files and let
Hadoop automatically generate a single file.

It may need some patched to current Hadoop. I am not sure they are ready or
not.