Hive, mail # user - Get current date in hive

Re: Get current date in hive
Aniket Mokashi 2012-04-26, 07:39
How about passing it outside of hive? (calculating it in bash etc.)

Note, unix_timestamp is non-deterministic udf and hence would not help you
in partition pruning.

Alternatively, you can develop your own current_date (trivial) udf
(deterministic).

Thanks,
Aniket

--