Accumulo, mail # user - Filtering on column qualifier

Filtering on column qualifier
Marc Reichman 2013-08-21, 14:00
I have some data stored in Accumulo with some scores stored as column
qualifiers (there was an older thread about this). I would like to find a
way to do thresholding when retrieving the data without retrieving it all
and then manually filtering out items below my threshold.

I know I can "fetch" column qualifiers which are exact.

I've seen the ColumnQualifierFilter, which I assume is what's in play when
I fetch qualifiers. Is there a reasonable pattern to extend this and try to
use it as a scan iterator so I can do things like "greater than" a value
which will be interpreted as a Double vs. the string equality going on now?

Thanks,
Marc