Hive >> mail # user >> Missing tables!

Re: Missing tables!
Are you using Derby? Did you change directories? By default, Derby drops
the metastore_db in the current directory, but you can specify an absolute
path for it in the hive-site.xml config file, e.g.,:

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
  <value>jdbc:derby:;databaseName=/path/to/metastore_db;create=true</value>
  <description>JDBC connect string for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

--
*Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
thinkbiganalytics.com