HBase, mail # user - Calculating size in HBase.

+
Bikash Agrawal 2013-07-04, 23:23
Re: Calculating size in HBase.
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-05, 03:58
If you are trying to calculate the data size that is already loaded into
HBase, you can use the UI to see the number of store files and the size of
store files to know the size of the data in HBase.

Regards
Ram
On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 4:53 AM, Bikash Agrawal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Need to calculate data size in HBase. I can do it by using KV length. But
> it is time consuming with huge data block.
> HFile looks better solution but still I have question with HFile, HFile
> will give size of data block. What if I have limit in scan[ ] object start
> row and end row. And those range can be some where in two different HFile.
> To calculate exact size I need to use loop, which is again inefficient.
> Actually, I am trying to run map reduce using HBase as source. I need to
> know what is data size. I am trying to do some performance evaluation.
> Still I can do some approximation calculation, looking at map-reduce input.
> It is always better to know exact size.
>
> Do you know how can do calculate data size in HBASE.
>

> --
> With Best Regards
> Bikash Agrawal
> Web/Software Developer