MapReduce >> mail # user >> One mapper/reducer runs on a single JVM

Re: One mapper/reducer runs on a single JVM
Thanks Mike.

1. So I think you mean for Hadoop, since it is batch job latency is not the
most key concern, so time spent on swap is acceptable. But for HBase, the
normal use case is on-demand and semi-real time query, so we need to avoid
the memory swap to impact latency?
2. Supposing I have 4 mappers run as 4 JVMs on one machine. Do each of them
share dedicated exclusive physical memory space for heap memory management
(which means if one process consuming too much memory which causes swap
will NOT impact others)? Or all the JVMs share the same physical memory
pool (which means if one process consuming too much memory which causes
swap will impact others)?
3. Any best practices to avoid swap in Hadoop and HBase use case?

regards,
Lin