Hive >> mail # user >> working with HIVE VARIALBE: Pls suggest

Re: working with HIVE VARIALBE: Pls suggest
Thanks all for your help..

I think was not so much clear about what I was trying to do...

I was just trying to create a variable  in Hive like in RDBMS,  and want to
store  the result of a query into that variable.

lets say,
I have declared a variable MY_VAR

I want to store the result  of hive query "select max(salary) from
Hive_employe_table" ;
into MY_VAR

Is it possible in Hive ? if yes then how to achieve..

Thanks a lot in advance.
Pls suggest or to work around it
Thanks & Regards
Yogesh