HBase, mail # user - HBase Writes With Large Number of Columns

HBase Writes With Large Number of Columns
Pankaj Misra 2013-03-25, 16:55
Hi,

The issue that I am facing is around the performance drop of Hbase, when I was having 20 columns in a column family Vs now when I am having 40 columns in a column family. The number of columns have doubled and the ingestion/write speed has also dropped by half. I am writing 1.5 KB of data per row across 40 columns.

Are there any settings that I should look into for tweaking Hbase to write higher number of columns faster?

I would request community's help to let me know how can I write to a column family with large number of columns efficiently.

Would greatly appreciate any help /clues around this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Pankaj Misra

________________________________
Ted Yu 2013-03-25, 16:59