HBase >> mail # dev >> [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I see no reason that 0.98 cannot come out a week or a month after 0.96;
>
>  tags is close and justification enough for a major release.
> > I propose Andrew as RM for 0.98/1.0.0 if he is up for taking it on.
>

> I would be pleased to volunteer to RM 0.98.

Sounds good to me.  Would suggest announcing your taking it up in a new
thread rather than down here in the middle of this one -- perhaps
soliciting if any objection? -- and maybe as part of a message announcing
our starting up the 0.98 cycle.  Good on you Andrew.

> If I were to be your RM for 0.98, then I would suggest a .0 release in the
> beginning of October. There are 42 open issues against 0.98 specifically
> and I would like to also provide everyone some time for post 0.96 release
> thinking.

Be aware that issues have been moved here just to get them out of 0.96.
 Feel free to punt them on again if not being worked on or not appropriate.

We might want to put out a call for what folks think should be in a release
that is slated for October -- or what they are working on and think they
can finish inside the October constraint.

> I am not sure we should move from 0.98 to 1.0 without another interim
> release, that would be a call for a later time perhaps, maybe a 1.0 release
> at the start of January 2014.

Ok.  Something to discuss.

Thanks A,
St.Ack