Zookeeper, mail # user - avoiding the risk of starting ZooKeeper servers in the same ensemble with different transaction logs

avoiding the risk of starting ZooKeeper servers in the same ensemble with different transaction logs
German Blanco 2013-09-24, 12:45
Hello,
I have run into this situation a couple of times.
Because of an error, one ZooKeeper server in the ensemble is started
with an inconsistent transaction log. This leads to serious and difficult
to trace problems, until you notice that clients connected to one of the
servers see a different data tree than the others.
I would really like to avoid this, and it happens that the amount of data
in my data tree is not that much (around 40 kBytes). So I would like to
propose a new option to force synchronization via snapshot in the ZooKeeper
Leader.
Any opinions?
Any other options?
Regards,