Hive >> mail # user >> Stack function in Hive : how to specify multiple aliases?

+
Mathieu Despriee 2013-01-10, 08:39
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-01-10, 08:43
+
Mathieu Despriee 2013-01-10, 08:58
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-01-10, 09:08
Re: Stack function in Hive : how to specify multiple aliases?
Not working either :

SELECT stack(2,AppWeb, ByteWeb, PacketWeb, AppP2P, ByteP2P, PacketP2P) AS
App,Byte,Packet FROM testApp2;
> FAILED: SemanticException 1:76 Only a single expression in the SELECT
clause is supported with UDTF's. Error encountered near token 'Byte'

I tried to quote the aliases or to use array-style with no luck.

Is there any description of hive grammar somewhere ?
I only found this doc :
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-select.html, but "select_expr"
is not described ....

2013/1/10 Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I never ran into this kind of problem but can you try select as A,B,C
>

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM, Mathieu Despriee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> SELECT stack(2,AppWeb, ByteWeb, PacketWeb, AppP2P, ByteP2P, PacketP2P) AS
>> A FROM testApp2;
>>

>> 2013/1/10 Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>> can you provide your query ?

>>> --
>>> Nitin Pawar
>>>

> --